The Japanese American Citizens League are offering the Kakehashi project and a trip to Japan (Dec 16-24)! December applications are now available. Up to 92 participants will be selected to go on a 9-day trip to Japan. While in Japan, participants will visit a number of historical and educational sites, experience traditional and cultural activities, and participate in lectures and workshops.
- Must be interested in Japan-U.S. relations
- Must be of Japanese ancestry
- Currently enrolled in community college, undergraduate, graduate, or young professionals who have an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must have U.S. permanent resident status and travel with a U.S. passport
- Must be at least 18 years old by the date of acceptance into the program and no older than 25
- Japanese dual citizens under the age of 22 may apply
- Those who have participated in Kakehashi or other programs funded by the Japanese government are ineligible
- Those who have studied or stayed in Japan for over a year are ineligible
- You do not need to be a JACL member to be eligible
Don's miss out on this great opportunity! Apply by September 22nd, 2019!
For more information, please click here.